Monday, April 26, 2010

Just wanted to let everyone know that my chimney swifts
have returned. They came back on April 16th the exact same
day they returned last year. I hear them up and about at 6:00am
then throughout the day. They come back between 8:30 and
9:00 every night.
This is all new for Lucia and Cleopatra the new kittens. They sit
on a little foot stool and listen patiently to the swifts twittering.
Chimney swifts live in Peru during our winter and migrate to
warmer weather in April and May. Swifts are endangered because
their nesting trees have been cut down and there are fewer
chimneys.
For more information on chimney swifts visit www.chimneyswifts.org

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melani--I didn't realize you had a blog! I will follow it. I have been thinking about it, but don't know if I can commit. I am an 'author' on our 'street team' blog, though.
    Check it out at
    http://greatcircleteam.blogspot.com/

    We need some action! I keep writing, but am spinning my wheels. Anyway, good for the chimenysweeps....I never ever saw one.

    ReplyDelete